NIGER – SIM
Tim and Barbie are working to translate the Bible into the Makori language, currently working in Acts and Galatians. Barbie manages a guest house and is a Regional Director for SIM, having responsibility for more than 20 missionaries in the area. Their main goal is to see a Makori church effectively using its own Bible translation. A few years ago, a group of Makori believers formed the Makori Christian Association, and are sharing the gospel and discipling new believers in Makori villages. What a joy to see the Church coming into being in this people group!
- For Tim and Barbie who are in the U.S. on home assignment until late summer 2018. Pray for them as they seek to communicate well what God is doing.
- That the Makori people would be freed from darkness, believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and be transformed.
- For Tim, as he and the team continue work in the epistles of Paul. The literary structure of this genre presents major translation challenges in the Makori language.
- For Barbie, as she researches and promotes the Arabic-script version of the translation.
- For Makori Christians reaching out to their own people: for wisdom, courage, integrity, and sensitivity.
- For solutions to the security issues that prevent Tim and Barbie from living in the Makori area and that hamper the work of the Makori believers themselves.
- For Barbie in her roles as manager of the Danja guest house and Regional Director.
- For their children: David is finishing his internship at ECHO, Beth is teaching at Sahel Academy in Niger, and Hannah is now in college in the U.S.
Summer 2017 – Summer 2018 Home Assignment address: N8306 Larson Road, Cambria, WI 53923
Tim’s phone number during Home Assignment is (608) 566-7475. Barbie’s is (608) 566-4135.
SIM B.P. 10065 Niamey, Niger / firstname.lastname@example.org
Children: Hannah (3/25/99); Birthdays: Tim (9/28), Barbie (12/13); Anniversary: June 8