FRANCE – MTW
Pete and Ruth are church planters in Toulouse, France, working with Mission to the World (MTW) and in collaboration with the French Reformed Evangelical Church. Pete’s role is that of team leader and co-pastor of the congregation on the east side of Toulouse. With the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, they are seeking to revitalize that church so that it will help in the development of a new evangelical church plant in the western suburbs of Toulouse. Pete and Ruth are already residing in the target area where there are no Protestant churches, working to develop a relational network and prepare the launch team for the new church plant in Tournefeuille. The church has been meeting in a new building since early July.
As the team leader for MTW South France, Pete seeks to give vision and pastoral care to the larger team. Their team is currently composed of three career missionary families and two couples appointed for three years. Their primary goals include: prayer, personal evangelism, evangelism training, discipleship and nurture of believers, leadership development, and networking with various Christian denominations.
- For the Mitchells who are on home assignment for the next year.
- That the Mitchells will have safety, stamina, and joy in their travels while in the U.S.
- For the team in France as they work through strategic plans for 2018.
- For refugee neighbors that are now living upstairs above their church. Jacki (missionary) volunteered to help them learn French. Michèle (French church member) is helping her. Pray for a need for the two refugee children to get enrolled in school.
- For new life in Christ for Ruth’s friend from work, Ingrid, who is subletting the Mitchell’s house while they are in the U.S.
- For their son, Charlie, who graduated from university and is looking for a job in the field of medical health. Pray for God’s provision and his future
U.S. contact until summer 2018: 706-944-1805
8 impasse Charles Montesquieu, 31270 Cugnaux, France; email@example.com
Children: Mary Ellen (8/10/99)
Birthdays: Pete (6/17), Ruth (4/24); Anniversary: June 8