KENYA / TANZANIA – WYCLIFFE
Tom serves as a translation consultant to Bible translation teams from multiple people groups in Tanzania and Kenya. Some of the groups are minimally reached for Christ and some are dominated by Islam. This consultant role varies widely with each team, including encouraging, mentoring, proofing of drafts, and the final approval of translations for publication. The direct result is getting the Word of God into the hands of people of minority groups in their heart language and spreading the gospel. Tom is also Chair of the Entity Committee of the Uganda-Tanzania Branch of SIL International.
Juanita teaches at West Nairobi School (WNS), which is owned by the Network of International Christian Schools. It uses a North American curriculum and is an accredited school. For this school year, Juanita is teaching four middle school math classes and a sixth grade Bible class. As always, her students represent many nationalities and backgrounds. She enjoys interacting with adolescents very much and loves her work.
- For the Rendille NT translation team’s work that has been slowed by their typesetter’s computer and software and the outbreak of malaria among the Rendille.
- For Godly wisdom for Tom in all aspects of his work, both as a Bible translation consultant and as Entity Committee Chair.
- For the Mbugwe team and Tom as they are close to finishing the Glossary for Mark, their first gospel.
- For the health and safety of Tom and the translation teams that he serves, including their families among days of political unrest in Kenya.
- For Juanita and her work teaching at WNS during a time when many students have the flu.