KENYA – World Gospel Mission
The Manys are serving as medical missionaries in their respective fields (surgery and obstetrics/gynecology) at Tenwek Hospital, a Christian mission hospital in rural Kenya. Tenwek Hospital has been providing high quality medical care to rural Africa for decades and has evolved into a referral center with several residency programs for African physicians. In addition to providing care to the underserved and impoverished, they are teaching and discipling African Christian physicians through the PAACS residency program. The goal of PAACS (Pan-African Academy of Christian Surgeons) is to produce well-trained, mature Christian surgeons who are dedicated to caring for the “least of these” in their homes. They returned to Kenya in mid-September after having been in Knoxville for a year so that Heath could participate in a fellowship at the University of Tennessee in Surgical Critical Care.
- For the Manys to quickly adjust to being back in Kenya after being away for one year.
- For Angela as she continues to recover from breaking her hip in May.
- For Heath who has taken on the role of program director for the PAACS Surgery Residency Program at Tenwek. He is excited and honored to be able to play an integral role in the training program.
- For the unrest in Kenya during this difficult time following the election.
- That God will lead Kenyan physicians to Tenwek who share a vision of showing the love of Christ through providing quality care to the poor and needy, while training up the next generation of national doctors.
- For hospital administration and leaders, as they face challenging dilemmas in maintaining the ability to provide quality care to the poorest in their area.
P.O. Box 39 Bomet 20400 KENYA / email@example.com
Children: Rees (8/27/04), Mary Taylor (11/20/07); Birthdays: Heath (10/20), Angela (2/18); Anniversary: September 9