SLOVAKIA – MTW
John is team leader of MTW’s Slovakia church-planting team and founded the Kosice Fine Arts Center in 2013. John and Kathy are church planters who also work across denominational lines in Slovakia to encourage and enable pastors in their work. They work together with the local church to establish communities of believers who themselves will seek to launch several new church plants in and around Kosice. They also are involved in poverty alleviation efforts among the Roma or Gypsy people group.
The Lesondaks utilize various opportunities to engage with local residents, including the “Mami Klub” (Mommy Club) for young mothers, and a men’s Bible study for both seekers and believers. Their team runs an Art Center/Meeting Place with activities such as patchwork classes, pottery classes, and English classes.
- For an opportunity to purchase a house that can be used for the Roma community Church in Vitkovce. Getting this house would allow the community to have a place of their own for the first time.
- For John and Kathy during their Home Assignment until Spring 2018.
- For their teammates, the Gregoires, who are in great need of finding the right home for their big family.
- That John and Kathy will themselves be transformed by the gospel.
- That their health would endure and for discipline and self-control.
- That new team members would be recruited.
- That they would have the grace and wisdom to help their national partners to develop and implement their plans for a Slovak-led church planting movement.
Home Assignment until Spring 2018: John’s cell: 423-227-1177, Kathy’s cell: 423-316-9847
Birthdays: John (5/12), Kathy (6/5); Anniversary: May 19