CREATIVE ACCESS – EPC WORLD OUTREACH
J is working with a church planting team in Asia continuing to develop an entry platform for the church planters using sustainable mariculture (ocean fish farming) among completely unreached Muslim people groups in coastal regions. The team is working with both expatriate and national church planters, providing them with credible access and daily interaction with the Muslim peoples among whom there is currently no church. They are now working in three locations.
When the project was launched, there were three key, initial objectives. The first was to find ways to develop meaningful relationships with unengaged communities on the thousands of islands in the region. The second was to provide the means for national church planters to have consistent funding for work in these communities. Finally, the project needed to become financially self-sustaining. Even though the project was started on a small scale, they have found wide-open doors into these communities that have long been considered closed and difficult to reach. The final goal is for the project to become financially independent. In late 2017 and early 2018 the first harvest begins with a contract with buyers in the region. This will be a big step towards financial independence.
- That this first harvest will be successful and begin the process of developing sustainable financial independence.
- That the fingerlings would continue to grow and be protected from poachers and disease.
- For open hearts and minds among the people they are working with.
- For E, a local church planter, who is joining their team full time.
- For opportunities and boldness to share the gospel with local villagers and leaders.
- For safety for team members as there is now a lot of ocean travel.
- For ongoing health and growth of stock.