JAPAN – SEND INTERNATIONAL
Bruce and Laura will complete their transition back to church ministry in 2018 when they return to the field from home assignment. God continues to send new missionaries through SEND International with seven units expected to arrive in 2017 and 2018. Bruce and Laura plan to move to the Tachikawa area. They look forward to working together with young people for the coming harvest of souls and the growth of disciples as these young ones come to the field. They will be working in cooperation with their Japanese home church, Tachikawa Eki Mae Church.
- For Shigeko, who is living in the Tokyo SEND house, as she ministers in their Harrises’ former neighborhood. There is a spiritual battle taking place there.
- For the development of their mission’s church planting initiative in the greater Tokyo area. This involves building a team, working alongside Japanese churches and building a prayer base of believers on both sides of the ocean as well as raising necessary financial support.
- For Okutama Bible Chalet’s building project called NGC Phase 2 – a new Dining/Bath Facility for camp. Fundraising for this project was approved and has begun. Pray that the necessary funds can be raised.
- For the training opportunities with Entrust Ministry that the Harrises have scheduled before their return in 2018.
- For SEND International Japan as plans proceed toward new church plants in the least-reached areas of Tokyo and its surrounding communities. Their goal is five new church plants by 2030.
- For growth in grace and wisdom for their children. Lydia is on staff at EI School of Biblical Training. David and Libby are on staff at Black Forest Academy in Germany. Timothy married Sarah Beth Lown from CSPC in July 2017 and continues on staff at EI School of Biblical Training.
Birthdays: Bruce (11/2), Laura (6/24); Anniversary: August 12